Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kavre School art project

The best part of being back in Banepa was the Rotary Club's art project with the Kavre School. The Seattle Rotary Club funded all the materials, which included paints, brushes, and pottery from Bhaktapur. All of the students painted their own designs (I'll upload pictures when I return from the Solu Khumbu next month). There was a magic show for the kids, a dance performance by a group of girls from the school, and a fabulous Newari feast cooked by a member of Kavre's deaf association.

1 comment:

Bex Barlow said...

Hello,

I've read somewhere an account of someone volunteering a the Kavre school.
I'm really interested in doing this in the future... I was wondering if there's any way you could put me in contact with the school or know of any means of finding out more about this?

Thanks,
Becky